London City Runners is FREE to join! Use this form on the right to join us on a run or if you just want to sign up for our newsletter.
**NEW FOR 2020**
New for 2020 is our affiliation with England Athletics! While the club will always remain free to join, our members now also have the choice to become an affiliated athlete. They will get some benefits including:
Lovely, supportive club with a range of training options and abilities – something for everybody!
- Where do you meet?
- We meet at our clubhouse at 130 Druid Street, London, SE1 2HH for all our Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday sessions.
The only time we don’t meet at the clubhouse is on Wednesday where we meet at the track at Southwark athletics centre, Hawkstone road.
- Will there be somewhere I can leave my bag?
- Updated for COVID: Sorry but there is currently nowhere to leave belongings due to the COVID restrictions and risk of cross contamination between bags. Please arrive ready to run and with no belongings you can’t run with
- Are you really free?
- YES – we are completely free to join.
- All the weekly sessions that run from our venue are free to join and participate in! The only sessions we have to charge for all year round are our weekly Wednesday track session which is currently £4 for entry to cover our track fees. All we ask in return is that if you wish to take advantage of the time and effort we put into organising the club you abide by our terms and conditions.
- **NEW FOR 2020** – you now also have the option to become an affiliated England Athletics member of the club at the low cost until March 2020 of just £18. This is entirely optional, and not a prerequisite to join any of our sessions or events. The vast majority of our members are unaffiliated and will continue to be so! See above for details of how to join.
- How can I give back?
- Our club is the biggest of its kind which is unsponsored by a retailer and free to join and attend. We are run almost entirely by volunteers and as you can imagine it takes a LOT of work to keep us going. As a central London venue we also have huge overheads. We would encourage all runners to support the club like they would any other small business if they can afford it. In other words stick around for a drink in our clubhouse or buy some merchandise or a ticket to one of our events. The revenue is what keeps the club in business and keeps the lights on!
- If you want to give back more though there are lots of other ways that really make the real difference:
- 1. Some members ask how to give a donation to the club. This is possible either at our venue or directly via paypal to email@example.com.
- 2. Come volunteer at the club. We are always happy to hear from people who would like to help out in our venue, run a session or help in our couch-to-5k course. Don’t worry if you have no bar experience, we can teach you everything from scratch and you’ll be able to produce a flat white and an espresso martini in no time!
- 3. Finally if you have a job, skill, business or venture which would benefit the club and you would like to work with us just get in touch. You’d be surprised at the variety of skills and businesses that contribute to our club.
If you still have a question, please Contact Us.
NB. To join the Facebook group where we publicise our various races, socials and foreign trips you’ll need to add “Elsie Runs“ as a friend. Please ask us questions directly rather than publicly on Facebook and try not to ask questions that are all answered here.