[youtube]Insert video URL or ID here[/youtube]
Use this form whether you’d like to join London City Runners on a run or if you just want to sign up for our newsletter. Our newsletter is sent out periodically with details of all the events we have coming up.
Our events are open to all runners whether you run with us or not!
Fill in your details in the form and you’ll get an email asking your to confirm you’re joining us, follow the instructions and you’re good to go!
Lovely, supportive club with a range of training options and abilities – something for everybody!
- Will there be somewhere I can leave my bag?
- Yes. Your bag/belongings can be left at our meeting points (either clubhouse or the track) while you run, there will be someone to watch your bags. We have never had a theft in all the years of running the club, but nonetheless, we do advise not to bring valuables and please be aware you leave them at your own risk as we cannot be held liable for any losses.
- Are you really free?
- YES – we are completely free to join.
- All the weekly sessions that run from our venue are free to join and participate in! (Except for Tuesdays in Janary as we have to limit the crowds – please see sessions &socials tab for details).
- The only sessions we have to charge for all year round are our weekly Wednesday track session which is currently £4 for entry to cover our track fees. All we ask in return is that if you wish to take advantage of the time and effort we put into organising the club you abide by our terms and conditions.
- Can I get changed at your clubhouse?
- It’s possible as there are toilets, but everyone arrives changed and it is best for everyone if you can arrive in your sportswear.
- What if everyone is faster than me?
- This is the question we get asked the most! Some of our members can run marathons in less than 2hrs 30mins and some members will be doing a 5k for the very first time. The most important thing is that you enjoy it at whatever pace you are comfortable with. We always have a large number of runners at every session so you are bound to find someone you can keep up with.
- How can I give back?
- The club is mostly free to join and attend, but it takes a LOT of work to keep it going. The vast majority of members eventually choose to give back to the club in some way to keep it sustainable, and there are a number of ways in which to do this:
- 1. Stick around for a drink in our clubhouse after your run. The profits from drink sales go right back into keeping our venue in business so the club can continue to meet.
- 2. Buy some of our merchandise or a ticket to one of our events. These ares available via our online shop and on sale at our clubhouse. When you buy a piece of merchandise, not only are you helping support the club but you have something to wear with pride at your next race!
- 3. Some members ask how to give a donation to the club. This is possible either at our venue or directly via paypal to email@example.com.
- 3. If you’re an Amazon customer, please use this link to visit Amazon. It doesn’t change the price the you pay for anything you buy, but it does give the club a small percentage of whatever you spend. If you are a regular customer/member it would be fantastic if you could bookmark our link and use it whenever you shop at Amazon
- 4. Come volunteer at the club. We are always happy to hear from people who would like to help out in our venue, run a session or help in our couch-to-5k course. Don’t worry if you have no bar experience, we can teach you everything from scratch and you’ll be able to produce a flat white and an espresso martini in no time!
- 5. Finally if you have a job, skill, business or venture which would benefit the club and you would like to work with us just get in touch! You’d be surprised at the variety of skills we need to keep our club going.
If you still have a question, please Contact Us.
NB. To join the Facebook group where we publicise our various races, socials and foreign trips you’ll need to add “Elsie Runs“ as a friend. Please ask us questions directly rather than publicly on Facebook and try not to ask questions that are all answered here. Then it really is a matter of just turning up, it’s all very relaxed and friendly and FREE!