JOINING LONDON CITY RUNNERS
Read on for 2 WAYS in which you can join the club!
SOCIAL MEMBERSHIP – FREE!
London City Runners is London’s biggest free running club, so all you need to do to become a member is come for a run! Please sign up using the following form to join us for one of our sessions. Filling in this form also gives you the option to subscribe to our newsletter, where we’ll keep you up to date with our runs and upcoming events.
We also highly recommend joining our large private Facebook group where you can interact with other members, see all our updates, and hear things first. To enter the group you can find it here.
Social membership is completely free! The only thing you might pay for is if you want to buy a ticket to certain special events, or attend our Wednesday track sessions as we have to charge a small track entry fee. Most of our members choose the social membership option, and it gives you access to all of our sessions, socials, and more!
ENGLAND ATHLETICS AFFILIATION
In addition, we now have the exciting option to affiliate with England Athletics. You can of course still come along to any of our sessions and socials, but for an annual membership fee, you will receive the following added benefits:
- Discounted entry into UKA licensed road and trail races
- Significantly discounted leadership and coaching courses with England Athletics
- Ability to represent London City Runners in club league races*
- Discounted rates with England Athletics partners such as Runderwear, Aftershokz, Strava, and more
As affiliated members of LCR, we have also included the following benefits for you:
- A free welcome drink at the clubhouse
- Priority access to events with EA coaches
- An exclusive offer with SportsShoes.com – an extra 10% off and free shipping over £30.
- We are also working to bring you special discounts with more brands in the future.
Affiliation opens from 1 April, and the annual fees for 2021-2022 are below:
- First claim membership: £35
- Second claim membership: £20
If you wish to become an England Athletics affiliated member, please complete this form and email it to LCR.email@example.com. We’ll be in touch with details on how you can pay your affiliation fee.
*Please note that if you wish to compete in club league races, you will need to purchase a yellow LCR vest as these are specifically for EA competition.
- Where do you meet?
- We meet at our clubhouse at 130 Druid Street, London, SE1 2HH for all our Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday sessions.
The only time we don’t meet at the clubhouse is on Wednesday where we meet at the track at Southwark athletics centre, Hawkstone road. Please note though that due to COVID restrictions you must book to attend a session, it is currently not possible to just show up at our meeting points to run.
- Will there be somewhere I can leave my bag?
- Updated for COVID: Sorry but there is currently nowhere to leave belongings due to the COVID restrictions and risk of cross contamination between bags. Please arrive ready to run and with no belongings you can’t run with
- How can I give back?
- Our club is the biggest of its kind which is unsponsored by a brand and is free to join and attend. As I’m sure you can imagine it takes a LOT of work to operate, and so we have to rely on a huge volunteer base to be viable. As a central London venue we also have huge overheads and need to occupy a huge space despite being only a tiny business. To meet these challenges we of course love it when runners choose to support the club, and the easiest way is like they would any other small business if they can afford it. In other words, stick around for a drink in our clubhouse or buy some merchandise or a ticket to one of our events. The revenue is always appreciated and it keeps the lights on!
- If you want to give back more though there are lots of other ways that really make the real difference:
- 1. Some members ask how to give a donation to the club. This is possible either at our venue or directly via paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2. Come volunteer at the club. We are always happy to hear from people who would like to help out in our venue, run a session or help in our couch-to-5k course. Don’t worry if you have no bar experience, we can teach you everything from scratch and you’ll be able to produce a flat white and an espresso martini in no time! Its also one of the BEST ways to meet other members!
- 3. Finally if you have a job, skill, business or venture which would benefit the club and you would like to work with us just get in touch. You’d be surprised at the variety of skills and businesses that contribute to our club.
If you still have a question, please Contact Us.
Lovely, supportive club with a range of training options and abilities – something for everybody!